"There are two kinds of gratitude: the sudden kind we feel for what we receive, and the larger kind we feel for what we give." –E. A. Robinson
Community service is a key part of Wild Whatcom and the values we nourish.
Wild Whatcom participants experience the joy of giving back to their communities and become aware that actions matter. Hands-on service work makes visible the tangible impact they can have on bettering this world. At each turn, their capacity to make a difference is reinforced – all while having a blast outside!
In 2015 alone, we logged over 4,000 hours of service with community partners:
- Animals as Natural Therapy
- Bellingham Community Meals
- Bellingham Food Bank Farm
- Bellingham Greenways
- Bellingham Parks and Recreation Department
- Bellingham Public Schools
- Blue Skies for Children
- Interfaith Coalition
- International Coastal Cleanup
- Marine Life Center (Port of Bellingham)
- Mollywood Avian Sanctuary
- Mt. Baker Mountain Guides
- Nooksack Salmon Enhancement Association (NSEA)
- Sterling Meadows Apartments
- The Nature Conservancy in Washington
- Washington Trails Association (WTA)
- Whatcom Land Trust
- Whatcom Volunteer Center - Chore Project
Wild Whatcom is proud to work with the Mt. Baker-Snoqualmie National Forest, Olympic National Park, and North Cascades National Park as authorized outfitter guides.