Explore with Us - Join an outing
Our community programs aim to inspire and awaken wonder in the natural world through exploration, discovery, and fun. Skilled naturalists share nature's treasures with people of all ages in local settings around Whatcom County.
Hey kids, are you ready to go exploring?
Wonder and adventure await as you expand skills, make new friends, and have fun!
- Grades 1-5 (unless otherwise noted).
- Led by our skilled staff, these outings blend our favorite elements of play, exploration, natural history, and wilderness skills.
Pick one, pick them all - whatever works for you!
$55 (unless otherwise noted).
Full payment due at the time of registration.
Cost should not be a barrier for participation. Financial assistance is available for families who need it. Please fill out the brief financial assistance form during registration.
Contact Program Coordinator, Laura Jackson: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Discover nature through your child’s eyes!
Wild Things is a fun, sensory-filled adventure! Explore nature at a child's pace, searching for animal evidence and signs of the season.
- Nurture a sense of wonder while exploring our local ecosystem.
- Discover secrets about the wildlife around us.
Wild Things is designed for young children and their adults, but all ages are welcome.
- Meets every Friday 9:30–11:00AM.
- No-School Fridays: school-aged children and their adult caregiver are welcome!
- Explore a different park each month!
Keep in mind:
- Our pace is determined by the children's rate of discovery.
- We are about the journey, not the destination.
- Sturdy footwear is recommended. We explore all kinds of trails.
- Dress for the weather. During cooler weather months, mornings can be chilly. We like to say, dress like a sheep! Wool, fleece, and a raincoat will help you and your Wild Thing enjoy this outdoor adventure. Consider bringing a change of clothes and/or a towel too, because, you know, water happens!
- Please bring a simple, healthy snack to share.
- Parents are responsible for their children at all times.
- No pets, please.
- $5 per person. Cash, check, or donate online.
No registration required. Save time by completing our Agreement of Risk and Liability Release and bring it with you. We'll need one for each person!
Contact Program Coordinator, Holly Roger: holly@wildwhatcom.
Guided, all-ages nature adventures!
- Explore nature nearby and discover the secret lives of wildlife in parks and wild areas.
- Dig into the mysteries of the season as we foster a sense of wonder.
- Observe wildlife, ask questions, cultivate your curiosity, and have fun exploring outdoors!
- Sturdy footwear
Please leave pets at home!
- Adults (18+): $12
- Children (4-17): $8
- Children three and under free. Babies worn in carriers welcome.
Cash, check, or donate online.
Reserve your spot!
Email Program Coordinator, Holly Roger: email@example.com. Group size is limited.
Save time by completing our Agreement of Risk and Liability Release and bringing it with you. We'll need one for each person!
Ladies Night Out
Walk when the moon is full!
There's something special – and really fun – about exploring nature at night, especially in a pack of wild ladies! Ladies Night Out is co-created by the women who attend and each event has a different, distinctive flavor.
Our goal is to notice the natural world around us and breathe, observe, and enjoy what the night brings. Here's what you can expect:
- Illuminating conversation, connection, and discovery of the wild nature reflected within.
- Natural history info, walking/mild hiking, wildlife observation, and a sharing circle.
- A solo experience involving 20-30 minutes observing nature, catching your moon shadow, and steeping in the stillness of nightfall.
- A collaborative experience where your participation is welcomed and encouraged.
Come get a little moonlight in your eyes and bask in a moonbeam in good company. We'll bring the chocolate. You bring your sense of adventure!
- $12 per lady. Cash, check, or donate online.
To reserve your spot, email Program Coordinator, Holly Roger: firstname.lastname@example.org. Note: Location revealed after your reservation is received.
Save time by completing our Agreement of Risk and Liability Release and bring it with you. We'll need one for each person!
Contact Program Coordinator, Holly Roger: email@example.com